Restock: F-14 Tomcat – Supersonic Air Superiority Interceptor
About the F-14 Tomcat – Supersonic Air Superiority Interceptor:
After it was featured in the popular film Top Gun, the F-14 Tomcat grew to international fame as one of the most recognizable fighter jets in American history. The F-14 Tomcat was designed during the Cold War to help defend carrier-based operations against Soviet-built MiG fighter jets and was capable of flying more than twice the speed of sound. The F-14’s advanced weapons system could track 24 hostiles and attack six targets simultaneously using the AIM-54 Phoenix missile.
- Crew: 2 (Pilot and Radar Intercept Officer)
- Engine: 2x General Electric F110-GE-400 afterburning turbofans
- Speed: 1,544 mph (2,485 km/h)
- Combat Radius: 575 mi (926 km)
- Armament: 20mm M61A1 Vulcan 6-barreled Gatling cannon, AIM-7 Sparrow and AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles
Features of this Brickmania™ Kit:
The Brickmania F-14 Tomcat is based on the real-life VF-103 “Jolly Rogers” color scheme. This model contains an enormous number of cool features including working landing gear, posable flaps and elevators, arrestor hook, and a fully-detailed cockpit. The model also features the iconic functioning F-14 Tomcat wings, two American pilot minifigures, several printed elements, and a high-quality sticker sheet. The kit also includes a display stand designed specifically for the Tomcat. Armed with two AIM-7 Sparrow and two AIM-9 Sidewinder missiles, your new Tomcat is ready for action!
Kit includes alternative instructions for an all-gray build (pieces not included) that can be combined with the NAS Miramar Action Pack (BMF383).
Upgrade your Tomcat with the AIM-54 Phoenix Missile Add-On Pack (BKM1034) for added realism!
- Model is designed by Cody Osell
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania models
- Includes 1,607 genuine new-condition LEGO® and Brickmania™ elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6–8 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
- Includes full-color printed building instructions
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.
F-14 TOMCAT ACCESSORIES