Buy the Marder III Ausf M by June 26 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Marder III Ausf M:
Marder III was the name for a series of WWII German tank destroyers. The III series had a more refined purpose-driven look with a stable chassis, mounting four road wheels to a side. They were mounted with either a Soviet 76mm F-22 Model 1936 divisional field gun, or a German 7.5cm PaK 40, on top of the Panzer 38(t) chassis. The Marder III offered little protection to the crew, but added significant firepower compared to contemporary German tanks. Production of the Marder III ran from 1942 to 1944 and served on all fronts until the end of the war.
This Marder III variant was based on the Geschützwagen 38(t) Ausf. M, a vehicle for self-propelled gun use. The Ausf. M offered significant improvements over previous models with its lower silhouette, sloped armor and much more functional fighting compartment. It was adequate in the ambush role, fixed defensive role or calibrated offensive artillery role from a distance. The fighting compartment could be lowered down to the bottom of the floor level, which decreased crew exposure, as well as visibility. Combat effectiveness was increased since the vehicle commander was freed from manning the gun.
- Weight: 23,523 lbs
- Crew: 4
- Armor: 10-50 mm
- Main armament: 7.62 cm PaK 36(r) or 7.5 cm PaK 40
- Secondary Armament: 7.92 mm MG 37(t), MG 34 or MG 42
- Engine: Praga Typ TNHPS/II water-cooled, 6-cylinder gasoline
- Suspension: Leaf spring
- Operational range: 190-210 km
- Speed: 35-42 km/h
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Marder III Ausf M kit comes with the following features:
- Posable main gun with a realistic degree of elevation and traverse
- Fully articulated Brickmania Track Links™
- Late-war “ambush camouflage” coloration
- Accessible compartment for driver with opening hatch
- Shell racks for up to six BrickArms artillery shells (sold separately)
- Includes one fully printed “Dot 44” camouflage minifigure
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- Includes 391 genuine new-condition LEGO®, Brickmania™ and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.