About the 3.7cm Flak 37:
The 3.7cm Flak was a series of anti-aircraft cannons produced by Germany that saw extensive use during World War II. The cannon was fully automatic, firing around 150 rounds per minute, making it effective against aircraft up to 4,200m. It was produced in both towed and self-propelled versions. The Germans also used their anti-aircraft guns as ground support. Germany’s defeat would end production and the Flak 37 was replaced by the Bofors 40mm gun, later by 35mm anti-aircraft pieces produced in Switzerland.
The original 37mm gun was developed by Rheinmetall in 1935 as the 3.7cm Flak 18.
- Service history: 1936-1945
- Number built: 20,243 (Germany) + 260 (Romania)
- Weight: 3,417 lbs
- Traverse: 360°
- Ceiling: 15,748 ft
- Rate of fire: 160 rounds per minute
- Projectile weight: 1.41 pounds
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The 3.7cm Flak 37 comes with the following features:
- This model is built in classic “Wehrmacht” dark gray color
- Gun is fully posable with complete rotation and elevation
- Has gunner’s chair and fold down platform for ammunition loader (Luftwaffe Anti-Aircraft crew sold separately)
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 64 genuine new-condition LEGO® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (3-5 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.