About the Schwimmwagen – Amphibious Utility Vehicle:
The most widely produced amphibious military vehicle of all time, the Schwimmwagen featured a welded one-piece hull and rear propeller that allowed the vehicle to transfer from land to water with relative ease. The front wheels doubled as rudders, so steering was done with the steering wheel both on land and in water. During World War II the German Army produced nearly 16,000 Schwimmwagens, and due to their unique look they’ve remained a popular collector vehicle even today.
- Manufacturer: Volkswagen
- Crew: 4 (1 driver, 3 passengers)
- Speed (land): 80 km/h (49 mph)
- Speed (water): 9 km/h (6 mph)
- Range: 250 km (155 mi)
Additional information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
Featuring a compact design with plenty of interior space and brick built tri-color field camo, the Brickmania® Schwimmwagen has a fully posable rear propeller, spare tire, texture printed bedroll tile, and LEGO® oars mounted on the vehicle’s sides.
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- 90 LEGO® elements
- Full-color printed building instructions
- High-quality sticker sheet
- 1×3 tile with texture printed bedroll
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania® kits
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years experience)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.