About the A6M5 Zero – WWII Long-Range Fighter:
Perhaps one of the most successful fighter planes in history upon its release, the A6M5 Zero spent its first two years of production as the most feared fighter on the planet, racking up a kill ratio of 12 to 1. However, as aircraft engines advanced, the Zero soon ran out of luck as the plane could not be modified to include a higher powered engine. Due to the struggling war-time Japanese economy, the Zero remained in service in high numbers until the end of World War II. The A6M5 version was first produced in 1943 and was all the Japanese could muster to keep up with the expanding variants of Allied aircraft.
- Maximum airspeed: 565 km/h (351 mph)
- Wingspan: 11 m (36 ft)
- Power: 754 kW (1,024 hp)
- Loaded Weight: 2,743 kg (6,047 lb)
- Crew: 1
Additional information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
The newly redesigned Brickmania A6M5 Zero features a sturdy swooshable design with retractable landing gear, custom printed wing panels and exhaust, an updated engine housing, detailed cockpit, and reconfigured wing design for a more true to life appearance.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 403 LEGO® and BrickWarriors elements
- Custom 360-degree printed WWII Japanese Pilot minifig
- High quality sticker sheet
- Additional printed elements
- Full-color printed building instructions
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years experience)
All Brickmania® model kits are made of new-condition LEGO® bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.