The Kettenkrad was a German gun tractor used in World War II that combined a small tractor with the front end of a motorcycle. The Kettenkrad was adapted from from a pre-war civilian tractor design, intended to be a prime mover for field weapons, yet small enough to be transported by a Ju52 transport plane. The Kettenkrad was used primarily on the Soviet front to tow small artillery pieces, lay communications wire, or transport troops over the muddy terrain. Later in the war they were used to tow fighter aircraft such as the Me262 to the runway in order to conserve precious jet fuel.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
This Brickmania custom kit is only being offered as an exclusive reward for helping to launch the Brickmania Track Links™ on Kickstarter. All photos are shown using LEGO Technic track links, which will be replaced with the more realistic Brickmania Track Links when the kit is delivered. The only way to order this kit now s to pledge now for delivery when the new tracks are ready (we are aiming for sometime in July). Your opportunity to own one of these kits ends Saturday Jun 8, at 12:25pm CDT.
Kettenkrad with Brickmania Track Links
The Kettenkrad kit has the following features:
- Fully articulated track movement with Brickmania Tracks Links
- Can accommodate driver, passenger and a towed weapon or trailer
- Custom pad-printed minifig by Brickmania (fig in pictures is a prototype with a decal applied)
- Built to the same 1/35 scale as other Brickmania kits
- Includes 135 new condition elements from Lego, Brickmania, BrickArms
- Comes with signed and number certificate of authenticity
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks and this one includes compatable weapons by BrickArms. This model comes disassembled and includes completed printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box.
More Images of the Kettenkrad