New Release: Renault FT / M1917 World War I Light Tank
The tank was developed during World War I to help defeat the bloody stalemate of trench warfare of the Western Front. The Renault FT was a light tank to be used in a breakthrough and exploitation role and was equipped with either a howitzer or machine gun. It’s two-man crew consisted of a driver and tank commander, who doubled as the tank’s gunner. Over 3000 FTs were built in France during World War I where it was successfully used by both French and American armored forces.
A copy of the FT was manufactured in the USA under license and was standardized as the M1917. The American verson can be easily distinguished by the location of the muffler to the left side of the hull, whereas the original French version had the muffler located on the right.
The Renault FT has the distinction of setting the pattern for future tank devlopment: fully tracked vehicle with engine located in the rear, and a single fully-rotating turret.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The Renault FT / M1917 has the following features
- Fully articulared Brickmania Track Links™
- Fully rotating turret with elevating main gun
- Parts provided for alternative machine gun build
- Can be built as original Renault FT or US M1917
- Includes one tank commander minifig
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Over-all color is new light gray
- Includes 202 genuine new-condition LEGO® elements
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes completed printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.