Restock: A12 Matilda
The A12 Infantry Tank Mk II, universally known as the Matilda II, was a British tank used in the Second World War. Its designed intent was to support infantry units during attacks, therefore it was heavily armored at the expense of mobility and firepower. It’s armament consisted of a QF 2 Pounder (40mm) anti-tank gun and a single Besa machine gun mounted coaxially in the turret. The Matilda II is the only British tank to see action during the entire war, but it is most commonly associated with the North Africa campaign. Its unique disruptive camouflage pattern was modeled after the type used on World War I battleships. Its heavy armor outclassed most contemporary early war German tanks and for a time earned it the nickname “Queen of the Desert.” The arrival of increasingly more powerfully armed German tanks caused the Matilda II to be phased out of operations in North Africa by the end of 1942.
- Crew: 4 (driver, gunner, loader & commander)
- Weight: 27 tons (45 metric tons)
- Armament: Main Gun: QF 2 Pounder tank gun (93 armor-piercing rounds); Secondary: 1x 7.92×57 mm Besa Machine Gun (2925 rounds)
- Road Speed: 16 mph (26 km/h)
- Off Road Speed: 9 mph (14km/h)
- Range: 160 miles (257 km)
- Years Produced:1937-1943
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
Brickmania has produced a limited number of the Matillda II Infantry tank in authentic camouflage pattern widely used in the North Africa campaigns of World War II.
Features of this model include:
- Fully articulated Brickmania Track Links™ tank treads
- Custom pad-printed tank commander with British tropical uniform and Sten Gun personal weapon
- Turret fully rotates and main gun can be raised and lowered
- 1/35 scale matches other Brickmania models
- The over-all color scheme of this model is desert tan with gray and blue camouflage
- Includes 579 genuine LEGO, Brickmania and BrickArms elements.
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition elements from LEGO, BrickArms and/or BrickArms. This model comes disassembled, includes printed building instructions, and comes packaged in a sealed box.