Mi-24 Hind Attack Helicopter – Final Red October New Release!
Order the M1-24 Hind through November 6, 2016 and receive free shipping on your entire order!*
*Within the USA free shipping mean delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Mi-24 Hind Attack Helicopter
The Mi-24 “Hind” is a large helicopter gunship, attack helicopter and a low capacity troop transport with room for up to eight passengers. Primary usage and upkeep of the Hind is done by the Soviet/Russian Air Force, and more than 30 other nations have access to them. Soviet pilots often know the hind as the “flying tank”, due to its immense armor protection. To date, at least 2,300 units have been produced.
The core Hind was originally derived from the Mii Mi-8, or “Hip”, which had two top-mounted turbo shaft engines driving a mid-mounted 17.3 m five-blade main rotor and a three-blade tail rotor. The engine configuration gave the aircraft distinctive double air intake. The Mi-24 fuselage is heavily armored and can even resist impacts from 12.7 mm rounds from all angles. Ballistic-resistant windscreens and a titanium-armored tub protect the cockpit. The record-setting speed that the “Hind” can reach is 206.7 mph – designed for speed and mobility.
The “Hind” has seen active combat in numerous wars, including Cambodian-Vietnamese war, Soviet war in Afghanistan, Iran/Iraq war, Persian Gulf war, and modern middle-eastern conflicts.
Specifications (Mi-24) –
- Crew: 2–3: pilot, weapons system officer and technician (optional)
- Capacity: 8 troops or 4 stretchers or 2400 kg (5,291 lb) cargo on an external sling
- Length: 17.5 m (57 ft 4 in)
- Rotor diameter: 17.3 m (56 ft 7 in)
- Wingspan: 6.5 m (21 ft 3 in)
- Height: 6.5 m (21 ft 3 in)
- Disc area: 235 m2 (2,530 ft2)
- Empty weight: 8,500 kg (18,740 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 12,000 kg (26,500 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Isotov TV3-117 turbines, 1,600 kW (2,200 hp) each
- Maximum speed: 335 km/h (208 mph)
- Range: 450 km (280 miles)
- Service ceiling: 4,900 m (16076 ft)
Mi-24 Hind Image Gallery
Mi-24 Hind Prevew Video