Restock: Fokker Dr. 1
“Death to the Red Baron!” cried Snoopy, as he piloted his Sopwith Camel
doghouse into battle against his arch nemesis. . .
With this recurring combat in the frames of Charles Schulz’s Peanuts, the Red Baron’s name gained a permanent familiarity. Yet this renowned red flying machine was first made legendary by the ferocity and skill of Germany’s most celebrated WWI fighter pilot, Manfred von Richthofen, better known as the Red Baron – a name that would become synonymous with the red plane itself.
As the ace’s reputation grew, the sight of the blazing red Fokker Dr. I instilled both fear and awe into the hearts of its allied enemies. The Fokker’s light body and triplane wings made it adept at stunt flying, with its daring pilots diving and looping its steel tube, wood and fabric frame through the sky with ease. Yet the Baron himself was well known for emphasizing coordination and formation flying, and for precise combat tactics that lead he and his men to many of their combat victories – an approach that earned them the nickname the ‘flying circus.’
The WWI introduction of air power added a whole new dimension to battle; but with a maximum speed of 185 km/h at sea level (115 mph at sea level), the Fokker would soon be outstripped by faster craft in the following years. However, in the fall of 1917 and the spring of 1918, it was indispensable in the wartime skies.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The Fokker Dr.1 Red Baron Edition has the following features
- Sleek fuselage design and completely tiled wing surface
- Twin BrickArms hand-injected MG08 “Spandau” machine guns
- includes Red Baron minifig with custom printed torso
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Over-all color is red
- Includes premium vinyl sticker sheet
- Includes 302 genuine new-condition LEGO® and BrickArms elements
- Includes premium printed spiral-bound instruction book
- Includes certificate of authenticity signed by the designer
- Veteran Skill Level (6-8 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.