Restock: Renault FT – French Light Tank
The tank was developed during World War I to help defeat the bloody stalemate of trench warfare of the Western Front. The Renault FT was a light tank to be used in a breakthrough and exploitation role and was equipped with either a low-velocity artillery piece or machine gun. It’s two-man crew consisted of a driver and tank commander, who doubled as the tank’s gunner. Over 3000 FTs were built in France during World War I where it was successfully used by both French and American armored forces. A copy of the FT was manufactured in the USA under license and was standardized as the M1917. The American version can be easily distinguished by the location of the muffler to the left side of the hull, whereas the original French version had the muffler located on the right. The Renault FT has the distinction of setting the pattern for future tank development: fully tracked vehicle with engine located in the rear, and a single fully-rotating turret.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The Renault FT / M1917 has the following features
Fully articulated Brickmania Track Links™
- Fully rotating turret with elevating main gun
- WWI camouflage pattern as seen in Battlefield I and World of Tanks
- Includes one Custom Printed US Infantry WWI minifig with Ultra Rare BrickArms proto M1903
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Over-all color scheme features brown, tan and olive
- Includes 217 genuine new-condition LEGO®, Brickmania and BrickArms elements
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes completed printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.