New Release: Spitfire Mk Vb
Buy the Spitfire Mk Vb by February 13th and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Spitfire Mk Vb:
The Spitfire MK Vb was a British plane used during WWII, and served as the only Allied fighter aircraft to fight in front line service from beginning to end. Post-war, the Spitfire’s service career continued into the 1950s. Its basic airframe proved to be incredibly versatile and adaptable. This included the capability of having far more powerful engines and far greater loads than its original role as a short-range interceptor had called for. These changes were made to combat the ever-improving enemy aircraft.
The VB became the main production version of the Mark Vs. Along with the new Merlin 34 series, the B wing was fitted as standard. Starting in early 1941, the round section exhaust stacks were fitted with six shorter exhaust stacks per side, similar to those of Spitfire IXs and Seafire IIIs. A constant flow of modifications were made as production progressed. A “blown” cockpit hood was introduced in an effort to further increase the pilot’s head-room and increase visibility. Different propeller types were fitted and an improved windscreen assembly was implemented to increase bullet resistance. The VB series were the first Spitfires able to carry a range of specially designed “slipper” drop tanks, which were fitted underneath the wing center-section. The VB could be identified by the large Vokes air filter fitted under the nose.
- Units produced (VA, VB, VC combined): 6,487
- Wingspan: 36 ft 10 in
- Loaded weight: 4,963 lbs
- Engine: Rolls-Royce Merlin 45
- Power: 1,470 hp at 11,000 ft
- Maximum speed: 371 mph at 20,000 ft
- Rate of climb: 3,250 ft/min at 15,000 ft
- Combat range: 470 mi on internal fuel
- Armament: 2x 20 mm Hispano II cannon; 60 round drum + 4 x 0.303” Browning machine guns; 350 rpg + 2x 250 lb or 1x 500 lb bombs
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Spitfire Mk Vb comes with the following features:
- Authentic green and gray camouflage scheme for ETO (European Theater of Operations) duty
- Includes exclusive custom printed RAF pilot minifigure
- Has appropriate “b” configuration armament and features retractable main landing gear
- Includes super premium vinyl sticker set
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 468 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (3-5 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.