New Release: StuG III Ausf. G
Buy the StuG III Ausf. G by February 27th and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the StuG III Ausf. G:
The StuG III Ausf. G is by far the most common of the StuG series, as it is the final variant produced of this line of tanks. Between December 1942 to April 1945 approximately 8,423 units were produced. 142 were built on the Panzer III Ausf. M chassis and 173 were converted from the Panzer III. The upper superstructure was widened, and welded boxes on either side removed. This increased the height to 2160 mm. In May 1943, side hull spaced armor plates were fitted to G models for added armor protection, particularly against Russian anti-tank rifles but were also useful against hollow-charge ammunition. A rotating cupola with periscopes was added for the commander.
The StuG III Ausf. G proved to be very successful in the line of assault guns and served on all fronts as tank destroyers as well. The StuG was cost-effective compared to the heavier German tanks, though in the anti-tank role they were best used defensively as the lack of a traversable turret was a severe disadvantage in the assault role. As the German military situation deteriorated later in the war, more StuG guns were built compared to tanks to replace losses and bolster defenses against the Allied forces. StuG IIIs were also exported into other nations including Finland, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Italy, and Spain.
- Type: Assault gun
- Weight: 52,690 lbs (23.9 tons)
- StuG III Units produced (all variants): 10,086
- Crew: 4
- Armor: 16-80 mm
- Main armament: 1 x 7.5 cm StuK 40 L/48
- Secondary Armament: 1 x 7.92 mm MG34 machine gun with 600 rounds
- Engine: Maybach HL 120 TRM V-12 gasoline engine, driving six-speed transmission, 300 PS (296 hp)
- Suspension: Torsion bar
- Operational range: 96 mi
- Maximum speed: 25 mph
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The StuG III Ausf. G comes with the following features:
- The StuG III ausf G kit is based on the initial configuration from early 1943 and is built with tan bricks to mimic the factory painted “dunkle gelb” color
- Includes fully articulated 1.5-wide Brickmania Track Link tank treads
- Includes posable main gun and opening hatches for the loader and StuG commander
- Includes two exclusive StuG crewmen minifigures with authentic “StuG Wrap” uniforms
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- MG42 from BrickArms is included
- Includes 552 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks Brickmania Track Links™ and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (3-5 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.