Restock: Opel Blitz
About the Opel Blitz:
The Opel Blitz was the name given to various German light and middle-weight truck series built by the German Opel automobile manufacturer during 1930-1975. During the years preceding WWII, Opel, a subsidiary of General Motors since 1929, was Germany’s largest truck producer. By 1934, there were four base versions offered of the 1-ton basic model, along with 14 versions of the larger 2 and 2- ½ ton trucks. From 1939, the reliable Blitz 3.6 three-ton version was used in large numbers by the German Wehrmacht armed forces during WWII.
In 1952 Opel presented the basic model in a modern rounded design, reminiscent of US pickup trucks. In the following years, Opel produced various vans and trucks with petrol engines, which at the time was much less economical than diesel engines. In 1968, Opel finally offered a 2,100cm Indenor XDP 4.90 diesel engine, but it came too late to regain lost market shares, resulting in Opel GM deciding to not develop a successor. In 1975 the production of Opel commercial vehicles ceased.
- Type: Multi-purpose medium utility truck
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Initial year of service: 1937
- Production Total: 95,000 units
- Maximum Speed: 50 mph (80 km/h)
- Maximum Range: 255 miles (410 km)
- Crew: 2
- Weight: 2.3 US Short Tons (2,100 kg; 4,630 lb)
- Power: 1 x Opel 6-cylinder gasoline engine with 74 horsepower
- Armament: Usually none; occasionally armed w/ 7.92 machine guns, 20mm or 37mm cannons for anti-aircraft protection
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Opel Blitz comes with the following features:
- Initial production run in classic “Wehrmacht” dark gray color
- Includes custom printed national insignia, blackout headlamps, license plate and “Ogel Blitz” elements
- Opening cab doors, tail gate and bed side gates.
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 267 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (3-5 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.