New Release: PzKfz VI King Tiger
Buy the PzKfz VI King Tiger by April 17th and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the PzKfz VI King Tiger:
The Tiger II is a German heavy tank used during WWII. It was the successor to the Tiger I, combining the latter’s thick armor with the armor sloping used on the Panther medium tank. The tank weighed almost 70 tons and was protected by 100-185 mm of armor to the front. It was armed with the long barreled 8.8 cm KwK 43 L/71 anti-tank cannon, and the chassis was also the basis for the Jagtiger turretless tank destroyer. The Tiger II was issued to heavy tank battalions of the Army and the Waffen-SS. It was first used in combat during the Invasion of Normandy on July 11, 1944.
Development for the tank started as far back as 1937. Two design contracts were in competition for production, with Henschel officially winning and subsequently producing all Tiger IIs. Two turret designs were used in production vehicles. The Tiger II was developed late in the war and built in relatively small numbers. Orders were placed for 1,500 Tiger IIs but production was severely disrupted by Allied bombing. Only 492 units were produced by the end of the war. The Tiger II was remarkably agile for such a heavy vehicle, with contemporary German records noting the tactical mobility was as good or better than most German or Allied tanks. There are several surviving Tiger II units at museums across the world.
- Weight: 68.5 tons (early turret); 69.8 tons (production turret)
- Crew: 5 (commander, gunner, loader, radio operator, driver)
- Armor: 25-185 mm (1-7 in)
- Main armament: 1x 8.8 cm KeK 43 L/71 “Porsche” turret: 80 rounds; Production turret: 86 rounds
- Secondary armament: 2x 7.92 mm Maschinengewehr 34 w/ 5,850 rounds
- Engine: V12 Maybach HL 230 P30 gasoline
- Transmission: Maybach OLVAR EG 40 12 16 B (8 forward and 4 reverse)
- Operational range: Road – 110 mi; cross country – 75 mi
- Maximum speed: 25.8 mph (road); 9.3-12.4 mph (cross country)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
PzKfz VI King Tiger comes with the following features:
- Fully rotating turret, posable main gun, plus AA mounted MG-34 for the commander
- Detailed engine compartment and seats for tank drivers
- Includes one fully printed “Dot 44” camouflage Panzer Commander minifigure
- Custom printed “Balkenkruez” tiles plus a sticker sheet with six different sets of turret numbers
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 1028 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.