New Release: M7B1 Priest – Howitzer Motor Carriage
Buy the M7B1 Priest – 105mm Howitzer Motor Carriage by April 24th and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the M7B1 Priest – 105mm Howitzer Motor Carriage:
The M7 Priest was an American self-propelled artillery vehicle produced during WWII. Witnessing the events of the war, U.S. Army observers realized that they would need a self-propelled artillery vehicle with sufficient firepower to support armored operations. The pilot vehicles used the M3 chassis with an open-topped superstructure, mounting an M1A2 105 mm howitzer, and following trials, adding a machine gun. As the M4 Sherman tank replaced the M3, it was decided to continue production using the M4 chassis. The British had logistical problems with the M7, as it used U.S. ammunition that was not compatible with other British guns and had to be supplied to units.
During the Battle of the Bulge, each U.S. armored division had three battalions of M7s, giving them unparalleled mobile artillery support. To maintain a low silhouette, the howitzer’s elevation had to be restricted to 35°. In British service, some M7s carried a radio set, which required the removal of 24 rounds of ammunition.
- Weight: 50,640 lb
- Crew: 5-7
- Armor: 12-62mm
- Main armament: 105 mm M1/M2 Howitzer w/ 69 rounds
- Secondary armament: 1x 0.5 in M2 Browning machine gun w/ 300 rounds
- Engine: Continental R-975 C1 w/ 400 or 340 hp
- Suspension: Vertical volute spring
- Operational range: 120 mi
- Speed: 24 mph (on road); 15 mph (off road)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The M7B1 Priest – 105mm Howitzer Motor Carriage comes with the following features:
- Contains M2HB + 9 shells
- Swiveling man gun with realistic elevation and depression
- Includes 4 custom-printed minifigures specifically designed for the M7 Priest
- Working suspension function as seen with other kits
- Storage tools and boxes included
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 648 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate skill level (4-5 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.