New Release: IL-2 Sturmovik
Buy the Il-2 Sturmovik by May 1st and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Il-2 Sturmovik:
The Il-2 Sturmovik was a ground-attack aircraft produced by the Soviet Union in large numbers during WWII. 36,183 units were produced during the war and in combination with its successor, the Ilyushin Il-10, a total of 42,330 were built making it the single most produced military aircraft design in aviation history. It is also considered to be one of the the most produced piloted aircraft in history. The Il-2 is a single-engine, propeller-driven, low-wing monoplane of mixed construction with a crew of two. It was specially designed for assault operations featuring the inclusion of armor in an airframe load-bearing scheme.
In early 1941, the Il-2 was ordered into production at four factories. The first use in action of the Il-2 was with the 4th ShAP over the Berezina River days after the invasion began. The aircraft was so new that the pilots had no training in flight characteristics or tactics, and the ground crew had no training in servicing or re-arming. The training received only enabled the pilots to take-off and land. None of the pilots had fired the armament, let alone learned tactics.
- Crew: 2 (Pilot and rear gunner)
- Loaded weight: 13,580 lb
- Powerplant: 1 x Mikulin AM-38F liquid-cooled V-12, 1,720 hp
- Maximum speed: 257 mph
- Range: 450 mi
- 2 x fixed forward-firing 23×152 mm VYa-23 cannons, 150 rounds per gun
- 2 x fixed forward-firing 7.62×54 mm RShKAS machine gun, 750 rounds per gun
- 1 x manually aimed 12.7×108 mm Berezin UBT machine gun in rear cockpit, 300 rounds
- Up to 1,320 lb of bombs and/8 x RS-82 rockets 4 x RS-132 rockets
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Il-2 Sturmovik comes with the following features:
- Features retractable landing gear
- Historically correct camouflage pattern
- Vinyl sticker sheet with the Soviet Air Force insignia
- Includes two custom-printed Soviet Air Force pilot minifigures
- Rare UBT machine gun hand-crafted by BrickArms’ Will Chapman
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 781 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.