New Release: Ju 87 Stuka
Buy the Ju 87 B-2 Stuka by May 8th and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Ju 87 B-2 Stuka:
The Junkers 87, or Stuka, was a German dive bomber and ground-attack aircraft designed by Hermann Pholmann in 1935. It made its first combat debut in 1937 with the Luftwaffe’s Condor Legion during the Spanish Civil War, and served the Axis forces in WWII. The aircraft was easily recognizable by its inverted gull wings and fixed spatted undercarriage. One of the Stuka’s innovative features included, automatic pull-up dive brakes under both wings, which ensured that the aircraft would recover from its attack dive, even if the pilot blacked out from the high g-forces.
The Ju 87 operated with considerable success in the close air support and anti-shipping at the outbreak of WWII. It spearheaded the air assaults in the Invasion of Poland in September 1939 and the Norwegian Campaign in the following year. The Stuka operated with further success after the Battle of Britain. Its potency as a precision ground-attack aircraft became valuable to German forces in the Balkans Campaign and early stages of the Eastern Front. Once the Luftwaffe lost air superiority on all fronts, the Ju 87 again became an easy target for enemy fighter aircraft. Despite these developments, and because there was no better replacement, it continued to be produced until 1944.
- Crew: 2
- Length: 36 ft 1.07 in
- Loaded weight: 9,524 lb
- Powerplant: 1 x Junkers Jumo 211D liquid-cooled inverted V12 engine
- Maxmimum speed: 242 mph
- Range: 311 mi with 1,100 lb bomb load
- Guns: 2 x 7.92 mm MG17 machine gun forward, 1 x 7.92 mm MG 15 machine gun to rear
- Bombs: Normal load – 1 x 550 lb bomb beneath the fuselage and 4 x 110 lb with two underneath each wing
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Ju 87 B-2 Stuka comes with the following features:
- Two custom-printed German minifigures; pilot & gunner
- Posable dive brakes
- Armed with a BrickArms MG34 machine gun
- 5 brick-built bombs
- 2 custom-printed insignia tiles
- 4 custom-printed half Balkenkruez tiles
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 728 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.