New Release: Renault R35
Buy the Renault R35 by May 22 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Renault R35:
The Renault R35 was a French light infantry tank used during WWII. The tank was designed in 1934 and produced from 1936. It was intended as a light infantry support tank equipping autonomous tank battalions that would be allocated to individual infantry divisions to assist them in executing offensive operations. The R35 was relatively well-armored but slow and lacking a good antitank-capacity, fitted with only a short 37 mm gun. At the outbreak of the war, the anti-tank role was more emphasized, leading to the eventual production of a subtype with a more powerful longer gun.
To save time, Renault based the suspension and running gear on that of the AMR 35 that was designed for the cavalry. It had five wheels at each side fitted with horizontal leaf springs like the AMC-35. The Renault 35 was used in Poland, Romania, France and French colonies. Numerous countries used captured R35 variants and retrofitted them for security duties or driver training.
- Crew: 2
- Units produced: 1,540 (R35); 145 (R40)
- Armor: 43 mm
- Main armament: 37 mm L/21 SA18
- Secondary armament: 7.5 mm MAC31 Reibel machine gun
- Engine: Renault V-4
- Operational range: 130 km
- Speed: 20 km/h
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Renault R35 comes with the following features:
- Custom-printed WWII French Tank commander and custom-printed tiles
- Detailed interior
- Removable trench skid
- Opening commander’s hatch and 360 degree rotating turret
- Opening drivers hatch
- Removable upper hull
- 1-wide Brickmania Track Links
- Decorated interior with engine
- Designed by Yitzy Kasowitz
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 359 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.