New Release: Panzer IV Ausf D
Buy the Panzer IV Ausf D by June 5 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Panzer IV Ausf D:
The Panzer IV was a German medium tank developed in the late 1930s and used extensively during WWII. It was the most widely manufactured German tank, with some 8,500 units built. The first mass-produced version of the Panzer IV was the Ausf. A in 1936. It was powered by Maybach’s HL 108TR which produced 250 PS and used the SGR 75 transmission with five forward gears and one reverse, achieving a maximum road speed of 19.26 mph. The Panzer IV was originally intended to be used only on a limited scale, so initially Krupp was the sole manufacturer. Production ramped up year after year during WWII, reaching its height in 1944 with 3,125 Ausf. H-J variants manufactured.
The Panzer IV was the only German tank to remain in both production and combat throughout WWII, and measured over the entire war it comprised 30% of the Wehrmacht’s total tank strength. It is estimated that combat against Soviet forces accounted for 6,153 Panzer IVs, or about 75% of all Panzer IV losses during the war. Following WWII, numerous countries bought remaining supplies of Panzer IV tanks for their own armies.
- Crew: 5 (commander, gunner, loader, driver, radio operator/bow machine-gunner)
- Armor: Hull front – 80 mm; Hull side – 30 mm; Hull rear – 20 mm; Hull roof and floor: 10 mm
- Main armament: 7.5 cm (2.95 in) KwK 40 L/48 main gun (87 rounds)
- Secondary armament: 2 x 7.92 mm MG 34 machine guns (3,150 rounds)
- Engine: Maybach HL 120 TRM 12-cylinder gasoline engine
- Operational range: 120 mi
- Speed: 24-26 mph maximum; 16 mph maximum sustained road speed; 9.9 mph off-road
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Panzer IV Ausf D comes with the following features:
- Articulated 1.5 wide Brickmania TrackLinks®
- Fully rotating turret with posable main gun
- Three opening hatches and a retractable antenna
- Custom printed Panzer Commander minifigure and WW2 German insignia Bricks
- Includes a MG34 Machine Gun from BrickArms®
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 603 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks, Brickmania Track Links† and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.