New Release: Panther Ausf G with Ambush Camo
Buy the Panther by June 12 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Panther:
The Panther was a German medium tank deployed during WWII on the Eastern and Western fronts in Europe from mid-1943 to the war’s end in 1945. The Panther was intended to counter the Soviet T-34 and to replace the Panzer III and Panzer IV. Nevertheless, it served alongside the Panzer IV and the heavier Tiger I until the end of the war. It is considered one of the best tanks in WWII for its excellent firepower and protection, though its reliability was less impressive.
The Panther was a compromise. While having essentially the same engine as the Tiger I, it had more efficient frontal hull armor, better gun penetration, was lighter and faster, and could traverse through rough terrain better than the Tiger I. The trade-off was weaker side armor, which made it vulnerable to flanking fire. In addition, the Panther was far cheaper to produce than the Tiger I, and only slightly more expensive than the Panzer IV. Despite being classified as a medium tank by the Germans, it was known as a heavy tank to the Allied forces due to its thick armor, powerful gun, and weight similar to the heavy tanks used by the Allied nations.
- Weight: 44.8 tons
- Crew: 5 (driver, radio-operator/hull machine gunner, commander, gunner, loader)
- Armor: 80 mm
- Main armament: 1 x 7.5 cm KwK 42 L/70 (79 rounds)
- Secondary armament: 2 x 7.92 mm MG 34 machine guns (5,100 rounds)
- Engine: V-12 petrol Maybach HL230 P30
- Operational range: 160 mi
- Speed: 34 mph (first models); 29 mph (later models)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Panther Ausf G with Ambush Camouflage kit comes with the following features:
- Historically correct, late war “Ambush Camouflage” pattern on the hull and turret
- Three Panther crewman with “DOT44” pattern uniforms and printed hats
- Detailed interior with Maybach engine and seats for the driver and hull machine gunner
- Four opening hatches for crew and engine access
- BrickArms MG34 with Saddle Drum for anti-aircraft protection
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 823 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.