New Release: AH-1W SuperCobra
Buy the AH-1W SuperCobra by July 10 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the AH-1W SuperCobra:
The Bell AH-1 SuperCobra is a twin-engine attack helicopter based on the United States Army’s single-engine AH-1 Cobra. The Marine Corps wanted a greater load carrying capability in high temperatures for the Cobra during the 1970s. This need for improvement ultimately led to the development of the AH-1W SuperCobra during the early 1980s. This specific variant had a day/night version with more powerful engines and advanced weapons capability.
The AH-1 SuperCobra has been used extensively through multiple wars including the Iran-Iraq War, Gulf War and the March 2003 Iraq campaign. During the Gulf War, 78 were deployed and flew a total of 1,273 missions into Iraq with no combat losses. Current countries operating this craft include Iran, United States, Turkey and the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- Crew: 2 (Pilot, co-pilot/gunner)
- Units built: 1,271
- Powerplant: 2 x General Electric T700-401 turboshaft
- Maximum speed: 190 knots (218 mph)
- Range: 365 mi
- Armament: 20 mm M1917 3-barreled Gatling cannon in the A/A49E-7 turret (750 rounds ammo capacity), 2.75 in Hydra 70 or APKWS II rockets; 5 in Zuni rockets – 8 rockets in two 4-round LAU-10D/A launchers, TOW missiles – up to 8 missiles mounted on two 4-round XM65 missile launchers, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles – up to 8 missiles mounted in two 4-round M272 missile launchers, AIM-9 Sidewinder anti-aircraft missiles – 1 mounted on each outboard hardpoint
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The AH-1W SuperCobra kit comes with the following features:
- Historically accurate tan on tan camouflage pattern used by US Marine “Whiskey” Cobras during Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm.
- Two custom printed Cobra pilot mini figures
- Custom printed instrument panels, Zuni Rocket pods, and flare dischargers
- Complete load-out includes Zuni Rocket pods, Hellfire Missiles and optional TOW Racks
- Vinyl sticker sheet included
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- Includes 629 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks & BrickArms elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
NOTE: Due to the extreme rarity of several parts in this kit, it is very unlikely that additional batches of this kit will be made.
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.