New Release: BRDM-2
Buy the BRDM-2 by July 24 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the BRDM-2:
The BDRM-2 is an amphibious armored patrol car used by Russia and the former Soviet Union. This vehicle has been exported extensively and is used in at least 38 countries. First appearing in 1962 as a direct iteration of the BRDM-1, it brought along several key improvements that made for a better system. These improvements featured better amphibious capabilities, on-road/off-road performance and armament, and NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical) protection. Unique to the design is the use of a smaller pair of road wheels located along the middle of the hull sides, which allow for the system to be raised or lowered “on-the-fly” by the driver.
Armor protection was increased significantly in the BRDM-2 by being fitted with a welded steel construction. When treading water, it made use of a single four-bladed water jet for propulsion. The jet is protected by an armor covering when the vehicle traverses land, but must be removed before entering a body of water.
- Crew: 4 (driver, co-driver, commander, gunner)
- Units produced: 7,200
- Main armament: 14.5 mm KPVT heavy machine gun (500 rounds)
- Secondary armament: 7.62 mm PKT coaxial general-purpose machine gun (2,000 rounds)
- Engine: GAZ-41 gasoline V-8
- Operational range: 470 mi
- Speed: 62 mph (road); 6.2 mph (water)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The BRDM-2 kit comes with the following features:
- Opening drivers’ hatches and vision ports
- Custom-printed minifig crewman with Desert Storm-era Iraqi uniform
- Deployable secondary road wheels for crossing large entrenchments
- Deployable twin vane and waterjet for amphibious operations
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- Includes 252 genuine new-condition LEGO® elements & BrickArms elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.