Restock: T-72 “Ural” MBT
About the T-72:
The T-72 is a Soviet second-generation battle tank that entered production in 1971. It came to fruition as a result of development into the T-64. In 1973, the first T-72 model “Ural” was pushed out of production. It came armed with a 125 mm smoothbore tank gun and an optical coincidence rangefinder. Later variants came with composite armor, fire control, and laser rangefinder systems. The T-72 “Ural” had an automatic loading system, eliminating the need for a dedicated crewmember.
While the T-72 was never used in the Afghanistan war, it was used primarily by the Russian Federation, with over 5,000 T-72 tanks in use. The T-72 has been actively used in Syria, Iraq, during the Chechen wars, and numerous other wars leading to present days. It is currently used in Northern Iraq offensive and the Ukraine conflicts. One of the best features of the T-72 is the attached 125 mm 2A46 series main gun, which is significantly larger than the standard 105 mm gun found in western MBTs. The gun shoots a “siren” two-plane electrohydraulic stabilizer, which allows automatic stabilization with speeds from .05-6 degrees per second.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom kit:
The T-72 “Ural” Main Battle Tank has the following features
Fully articulated Brickmania Track Links™
- Ultra rare, hand-injected DShK “dushka” anti-aircraft heavy machine gun from BrickArms®
- Fully rotating turret with posable main gun
- Includes one Modern Russian Tank Commander minifig
- Opening hatches on turret and hull
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Includes 686 genuine new-condition LEGO®, Brickmania and BrickArms elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes completed printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.