New Release: F6F-5 Hellcat
Buy the F6F-5 Hellcat by August 14 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the F6F Hellcat:
The F6F Hellcat was the successor to the F4F Wildcat series of carrier aircraft used by the United States Navy in the Pacific Theater of WWII. The initial intention of this aircraft was to counter the Japanese Mitsubishi A6M Zero. It was a very capable fighter, outperforming the similar Vought F4 Corsair at the time. Hellcats are credited with destroying a total of 5,223 enemy aircraft while in service.
During the Battle of the Philippine Sea, Navy fighter pilots shot down nearly 300 enemy aircraft in one day. The Hellcat produced more fighter aces than any other aircraft during WWII. The Hellcat proved invaluable During the island-hopping campaigns across the Pacific. It is often noted that the appearance of the Hellcat likely changed the tide of the war in the Pacific to favor the Americans.
- Crew: 1
- Powerplant: 1 x Pratt & Whitney R-2800-10W “Double Wasp” two-row radial engine with a two-speed, two-stage supercharger
- Maximum speed: 391 mph
- Ferry range: 1,530 mi
- Guns: 6 x 0.50 in M2 Browning machine guns, with 400 rounds per gun or 2 x 0.79 in AN/M2 cannon, with 225 rounds per gun and 4 x 0.50 in Browning machine guns with 400 rounds per gun
- Rockets: 6 x 5 in HVAR or 2 x 11 ¾ in Tiny Tim unguided rockets
- Bombs: up to 4,000lb full load including 1 x 2,000lb bomb or 1 x Ml.13-3 torpedo
- Underwing bombs: 2 x 1,000 lb or 4 x 500 lb, 8 x 250 lb
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The F6F-5 Hellcat kit comes with the following features:
- Authentic V-17 Squadron likeness
- Retractable landing gear
- Foldable wings
- Custom-printed pilot with artwork designed by Lando
- Retractible Canopy
- Full-color vinyl sticker sheet, including squadron stickers
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Cody Osell
- Includes 575 genuine new-condition LEGO® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.