New Release: ScanEagle Surveillance Drone
About the ScanEagle Surveillance Drone:
The ScanEagle Surveillance Drone is a small, long-endurance, low-altitude unmanned aerial vehicle built by Insitu, which is a subsidiary of Boeing. Its main purpose is for reconnaissance missions through fish-spotting. Throughout the last few years, the ScanEagle has received numerous improvements and upgrades, often with better sensors, cameras, batter, and internet capabilities. This drone is a low-cost solution, which can be operated from ocean-going ships. Many however, have been captured by Iran during U.S. involvement in neighboring Iraq, resulting in reverse-engineering and illegal production for the Iranian Air Force and Navy.
The ScanEagle offers a lot of benefits in a small package. It carries an infrared camera, integrated communications system, flight endurance for over 20 hours, and its own GPS navigation system.
- Crew: none on-board (remote operations)
- Payload: 7.5 lb
- Loaded weight: 39.7 lb
- Maximum takeoff weight: 48.5 lb
- Powerplant: 1 x 2-stroke 3W piston engine
- Maximum speed: 92 mph
- Endurance: 24+ hours
- Service ceiling: 19,500 ft
- Avionics: high resolution, day/night camera and thermal imagery
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The ScanEagle Surveillance Drone kit comes with the following features:
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Printed elements
- Includes custom-printed Modern US Air force ABU minifigure
- Designed by Scott Weekley
- Includes 23 genuine new-condition LEGO® & BrickArms elements
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.