New Release: M1917 155mm GPF
About the M1917 155mm GPF:
One of the solutions to trench warfare was the development of long-range field guns. Among the many designs, the French developed the Canon de 155mm GPF (Grande Puissance Filloux) field gun. This dependable and effective weapon became the standard French field gun through the end of World War II. The gun was so successful, the American military bought several during the Great War and copied the design, known as the Model 1918.
Weighing 28,660 pounds, this gun had to be transported by either animal or tractor. It also needed to be crewed by a minimum of eight soldiers. The heavy weight and large crew was justified with its impressive twelve-mile range. Designed by French Colonel L.J.F Filloux, the gun was put into service almost immediately after the completion of its design, providing an effective solution to the field gun shortage experienced by the French army at the beginning of the Great War.
- Total units: 475
- Crew: 8
- Length: 6.5 meters (21.33 feet)
- Weight: 14 tons (28,660 pounds)
- Range: 12 miles
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The M1917 155mm GPF comes with the following features
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- Gun features an opening breech, deployable split trails, and realistic elevation and traverse functions
- Towing limber included
- Includes two custom printed WWI French Artillerymen
- Contains 275 genuine new-condition LEGO® & Brickmania & BrickArms elements
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.