Restock: Rolls-Royce Armored Car (Tan)
About the Rolls-Royce Armored Car:
The Rolls-Royce Armored Car was a British vehicle developed in 1914 and used in WWI and the early parts of WWII. Six RNAS Rolls-Royce squadrons were formed of 12 vehicles each – one going to France, and one to Africa to fight German colonies. They were poorly suited to the muddy trench filled battlefields of the Western Front, but were able to operate in the Near East.
They were also used by the Turkish forces and seen by Lawrence of Arabia as more valuable than rubies – helping to win his revolt in the desert. At the outbreak of WWII, 76 vehicles were still in service. They were used during the operation of Western Desert in Iraq and Syria. By the end of 1941, they were withdrawn from frontline service as more modern armored vehicles became available..
- Weight: 4.7 tons
- Length: 4.93 m (194 in)
- Width: 1.93 m (76 in)
- Height: 2.54 m (100 in)
- Crew: 3
- Armor: 12 mm (0.47 in)
- Main armament: .303 Vickers machine gun
- Engine: 6-cylinder petrol, water-cooled; 80 hp (60 kW)
- Power/weight: 19hp/ton
- Suspension: 4×2 wheels
- Operational range: 240 km or 150 miles
- Speed: 72 km/h (45 mph)
Additional information about this Brickmania building kit:
- One custom printed WWI British Infantry minifigure
- Lewis gun & Vickers Barrel from BrickArms®
- 1/35 scale matches other Brickmania models
- The over-all color scheme of this model is tan
- Intermediate skill level (4-6 years of experience recommended)
- Includes 198 LEGO® and® BrickArms elements.