Restock: Char B1 Bis
About the Char B1 Bis:
The Char B1 was a French heavy tank manufactured before WWII. It was designed as a specialized heavy break-through vehicle, originally conceived as a self-propelled gun with a 75mm howitzer in the hull. A 47mm gun in a turret was added to allow it to function also as a “battle tank”. Starting in the early twenties, its development and production were repeatedly delayed, resulting in a vehicle that was both technologically complex and expensive. It was already obsolete when mass-production of a derived version started in the late thirties.
Although it could combat the German Panzers with some effectiveness, its slow speed and high fuel consumption made it ill-adapted to rapid pace of the German blitzkrieg. After the defeat of France, captured Char B1 tanks would be used by Germany with some rebuilt as flamethrowers or mechanized artillery.
- Crew: 4
- Units produced: 405
- Armor: 40 mm (Char B1); 60 mm (Char B1 bis)
- Main armament: 75 mm ABS SA 35 howitzer
- Secondary armament: 47 mm SA 34 (Char B1); 47 mm SA 35 (Char B1 bis); 2 x 7.5 mm Reibel machine guns
- Engine: Renault inline 6 cylinder 16.5 liter petrol
- Fuel capacity: 400 L
- Operational range: 120 mi
- Speed: 17 mph; 13 mph (off-road)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Char B1 Bis comes with the following features:
- Driver space and hatch
- Decorated interior with engine
- Commander hatch in turret
- Moveable side door
- Printed elements and custom-printed WWII French Tank Commander
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 618 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.