Restock: Panzer I
About the Panzer I:
The Panzer I was a light tank produced in Germany in the 1930s. Design started in 1932 and mass production began in 1934. Intended only as a training tank to introduce the concept of armored warfare to the German Army, the Panzer I saw combat in Spain during the Spanish Civil War. The Panzer I would also see action in Poland, France, and the Soviet Union and North Africa during World War II. By 1942, the Panzer I chassis design was used as the basis of tank destroyers and assault guns.
The Panzer I’s performance in combat was limited by its thin armor and light armament of two machine guns. The Panzer I was unable to engage in effective combat, struggling against vehicles such as the Soviet T-23. Since they were obsolete from their introduction, the Panzer I chassis was adapted as tank destroyers and other variants.
- Weight: 5.4 tons
- Crew: 2 (commander and driver)
- Armor: 7-13 mm
- Main armament: 2 x 7.92 mm MG13 machine guns
- Engine: Krupp M 305 four-cylinder air-cooled gasoline engine
- Operational range: 120 mi on road, 109 mi off road
- Speed: 31 mph on road, 23 mph off road
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Panzer I comes with the following features:
- Knob to control turret rotation from the rear of the tank
- Custom-printed Balkenkreuz tiles included
- Opening commanders hatch
- Custom-printed Panzer Commander minifigure
- Commander fits into opening hatch
- Designed by Yitzy Kasowitz
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 376 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.