Restock: WC54 Ambulance
About the WC54 Ambulance:
Deployed primarily during World War II and the Korean War, the WC54 Ambulance served as the primary transport vehicle for battlefield causalities. Although produced by American factories, the WC54 was deployed worldwide through the Lend-Lease Act and enjoyed popularity among Allied forces. It later served M.A.S.H. units during the Korean War. The WC54 would continue to see use through the 1960’s.
Although it was designated as an ambulance, few soldiers were ever treated inside the vehicle. Soldiers were often treated before they entered the vehicle or later at a battlefield hospital, depending on the severity of their injuries. The WC54 was marked as a medical vehicle under the Geneva Convention with a large red cross and a white background. These markings were designed to prevent the ambulance from taking enemy fire under international law, however, this didn’t always work as intended as the WC54 was a front-line vehicle.
- Crew: 2
- Weight: 3 tons (2,721 kg)
- Engine: Dodge T214 6-cylinder
- Speed: 54 mph (87 km/h)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
Features of this model:
- Opening front and back doors
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- Includes 248 genuine new-condition LEGO elements
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
- Easily removable roof for interior access
- Room inside for driver and LEGO stretcher (not included)
- 1/35 scale matches other Brickmania models
- This over-all color scheme of this model is dark gray
This Brickmania model kit is made from genuine unused LEGO bricks and is shipped disassembled. Also included are full-color printed building instructions and is packaged in a sealed box.
All Brickmania building kits are limited production and may be discontinued at any time.