Restock: Renault FT – WWI French Light Tank
About the Renault FT – WWI French Light Tank:
The first tanks were developed during World War I in response to the bloody stalemate on the Western Front. Although small compared to future tanks, the Renault FT was deployed as a breakthrough and exploitation vehicle, equipped with either a low-velocity 37mm cannon or two machine guns. Its two-man crew consisted of a driver and tank commander, who doubled as the tank’s gunner.
Over 3,000 were built for service on the Western Front. A copy of the Renault was manufactured in the USA under license and was standardized as the M1917. The American version can be easily distinguished by the location of the exhaust pipe to the left side of the hull, where the original French version had the exhaust pipe located on the right. The Renault FT has the distinction of setting the pattern for future tank development: fully tracked vehicle with engine located in the rear and a single fully-rotating turret.
- Crew: 2
- Engine: Renault four-cylinder gasoline 35 HP
- Speed: 5 mph (7.7 km/h)
- Range: 22 miles (35 km)
- Armaments: 37mm main cannon or two machine guns
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Renault FT – WWI French Light Tank comes with the following features
- Fully articulated Brickmania Track Links™
- Fully rotating turret with elevating main gun
- WWI camouflage pattern features brown, tan and olive color theme
- Includes one Custom-printed French Tanker minifigure
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Includes 217 genuine new-condition LEGO®, Brickmania and BrickArms elements
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.