New Release: FV4201 Chieftain – Main Battle Tank
About the FV4201 Chieftain:
A development of the widely successful Centurion main battle tank, the Leyland FV4201 Chieftain was first introduced in 1966 and saw use by the British Armed Forces throughout the Cold War. Among the notable improvements over its predecessor, the Chieftain had improved armor, a beefed up transmission and engine, and a new L11A5 120mm rifled gun made by Royal Ordnance.
“The opportunity presented itself for my first Brickmania design to be a main battle tank with a highly distinct camouflage pattern. A great challenge!” – Designer Andrew Somers
- Mass: 56 Tons (55 Long Tons)
- Max. speed: 30 mph (48 km/h)
- Armament: 1x L11A5 120mm Rifled Tank Gun, 2x 7.62mm machine guns
- Crew: 4
- Engine: 750hp Leyland L60
- Operational Range: 310 miles (510 km) on road
Additional information about this Brickmania™ custom building kit:
The Brickmania FV4201 Chieftain kit features a brick-built “Berlin Brigade” camouflage pattern, moving Brickmania Track Links™, functioning suspension, and an elevating/depressing main gun with fully traversing turret. This model resembles a MK.10 Chieftain with the turret add-on Stillbrew armor package, along with an urban camouflage scheme employed by the Berlin Armored Squadron stationed in West Germany during the 1980s.
- Designed by Andrew Somers
- 872 LEGO®, BrickArms®, Minifig.Cat and Brickmania™ elements
- Custom-printed minifigure
- Full-color printed building instructions
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Additional printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Advanced Skill Level (8–10 years building experience recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited-edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.