Winners Aren't Born… They're Built
2014 marks the 100th anniversary of the start of World War I. In commemoration Brickmania relaunched our World War I series of kits with several major new release over the past year. For a limited time we are making available the Brickmania’s complete 2014 World War I anthology for one nice price. The anthology includes the rare Spandau MG08 kit which sold out in less than a week. Priced individually these kits cost $625, but we’re offering the entire collection for $475 while they last.
Here is the complete list of items included:
Order by 1pm (CST) December 18th for free Priority Mail shipping in the USA!
It’s getting down to the wire for holiday gift giving, so we’re offering free USPS Priority Mail shipping on any purchase of $100 or more through Friday, December 19th. Selection and time is running out!
We have released a single batch of M35A2 “Deuce and a Half” Trucks. This is a stripped down version of the “Task Force Ranger” M35A2 without the expensive figure and canvas cover. Only 50 are being offered in this configuration and they are selling quickly!
Every year we compile a list of some of the most popular gift ideas from the Brickmania catalog for $25 or less. Here is the 2014 list for your holiday gift-giving consideration:
1. World War Brick Public Day Passes. World War Brick is the biggest gathering of military / historical LEGO modelers in the world. So far we’ve announced two locations for 2015: Anaheim, CA (February 14-15) and Minneapolis, MN (June 20-21). If you’re not sure about taking the plunge with a Weekend Pass, then the Public Day Pass is a perfect way to test the waters. Note that the purchase prices goes up closer to event, so buy early and save! (If you’re considering a full Weekend Pass, you have to buy online!). Buy your Public Day or Weekend Passes HERE.
2. Brickmania has been releasing our own exclusive custom printed minifigures for the past year an a half. We have just released several new figures including WW2 101st Airborne and German Infantry with MP40 ammunition pouches. These are all top-quality figures made using the same toy-safe, pad-printing technique used by LEGO on their own figures (they will not scratch or wear off during normal use). All of them are priced at $25 or less individually. If you really want to go all out we have the WWII Figures pack shown above available for a limited time.
3. Everybody agrees that BrickArms makes the best custom weapons and accessories for the LEGO system. On the top of the awesome scale are the BrickArms Reloaded series, for which have two or more colors of ABS plastic are fused together during the molding process. All of the BrickArms Reloaded weapons are injection-molded at the BrickArms workshop by Will or Ian Chapman, the original creators of BrickArms.
4. If you are looking for something extra special, we have a few of the Signature Series M2HB machine guns, which includes a special crate autographed by Will Chapman himself.
5. Brickmania has artillery minikits ranging in prices from $7 to $25. These are a great way to add firepower for your armies without blowing the budget for ammunition or additional troops. Want some more serious firepower? Upgrade to the fabled “88!”
6. Brickmania stocks more than 20 different packs of BrickArms weapons and accessories, including many exclusive assortments and items such as the newly restocked 20mm Hand Cannon. SPECIAL DEAL: Buy two BrickArms Value Packs and get a third one FREE! Offer valid through December 17th (or while they last). Willing to spend a little more? You can get the BrickArms Mashup Bundle that contains four exclusive packs!
7. Brickmania has seven different awesome T-shirt designs for $15 or less. If you’re looking for something warmer, we have some incredibly awesome zip-up hooded sweatshirts. in mens and ladies styles. They cost a lot more but are worth every penny!
8. We are currently living in the 150th anniversary of the American Civil War and dioramas have become hugely popular among hobbyists and students alike. We have started making Civil War weapons and accessories and all of them are priced at $25 or less!
9. Who’s the greatest adventurer across space and time? Inspector Q, of course! Bouncing across the eons and stars, Inspector Q saves the universe with the help of his trusty quantum spanner. BrickArms releases very few custom mini figures, but each one is completely unique. For a limited time we have the Inspector Q minifigure with “reloaded” quantum spanner for $25 – while they last.
10. Brickmania has made several holiday ornaments over the years and we have a limited amount of our latest three locomotive designs in stock. Right now we’re offering all three for a special price of $25. Or you can order individually HERE.
11. Roaglaan’s Customs makes a wide array of decals to create and customize your own mini figures. This is a much more affordable way to build up your mini figure armies if you’re willing to expend a little sweat in the process. We have posted step-by-step instructional videos to help get you started. Right now you can also get the entire World War I decal collection for free when you purchase the complete World War II set (just put it in the shopping cart and the WW1 set will be added for free).
12. Brickmania Gift Certificate – Show that you care! Available in any denomination sent immediately by email. If you purchase it now, they can order their own gift in time for the holidays!
The Expert Brickmania Judges have made their decision. It was no easy feat to decide. In the process tears were shed, tempers raged, alliances were formed, and lifelong comrades became enemies. But boy was it worth it! We have chosen three prize winners and one honorable mention. Our choice was based on many things, including build quality, photographic skill, and originality.
FIRST PLACE – “The Ambush” by BrickadirGeneral
Using a minimal amount pieces, BrickadirGeneral creates a believable scene. That is what we loved the most about this entry. At Brickmania, we believe that anyone has the ability to create a cool MOC. Its about being creative with what you have and getting the job done! The picture perfectly captures the moment right before something BIG happens and makes you feel like you are right there.
SECOND PLACE – “ZIS-22″ by PlasticBrick
This entry is a perfect example a good ol’ fashioned vehicle MOC. It accurately captures the real thing and uses some neat techniques. The simple landscaping puts a frame of reference on the build without taking attention away from it.
THIRD PLACE – “The End Is Near” by Major Bonacelli
We really liked the raw feel of this picture. Lego can look really tiny when photographed with natural terrain, but Major Bonacelli expertly avoided this issue by getting in super close and low to the ground. While the picture doesn’t have any snow, we can imagine that they have been fighting all day and the tanks and soldiers have turned the field into a muddy wasteland.
HONORABLE MENTION – “A Friendly Hello” by TomcatBobcat
We really liked the Hellcat TD!
To see The rest of the entries, check out BRICKMANIAFORUM.COM
Thanks to everyone who submitted MOCs. There were lots of cool entries, so it was tough to decide! If you didn’t win, don’t worry – there will be more contests. Keep working on your skills!