Events This Weekend for Military History Buffs
World War II Days, Rockford, IL
World War II Days includes elaborate and realistic battles complete with tanks, artillery, armored vehicles, and exciting pyrotechnic displays. Saturday the battle shows are featured at 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm. Sunday the battle time is 2:30 pm.
The popular World War II Days returns this year and promises to be bigger and better than ever! With more than 1,000 re-enactors representing the soldiers of the United States, Great Britain, France, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Italy and Japan. In addition to the action on the battlefields, enjoy the skirmishes in the Village, demonstrations and displays in the buildings, woods encampments and the ambiance of the beautiful venue.
Maps of the event site will be available when visitors arrive showcasing the battlefield and the various encampments and attractions. Everything we offer will be held rain or shine.
Visitors will also experience:
- Elaborate 1940s displays in historical buildings on the museum property acting as the back drop of a European village during World War II
- Encampments of Allied and Axis troops in the Midway Village woods and realistic skirmishes integrated in the historic village
- Pacific Theater battles in the woods with soldiers dressed as U.S. Marines and Japanese infantry
- German cavalry scenes
- Soldiers’ base camps filled with period vehicles, tents and artifacts
- Shop for World War II memorabilia from numerous vendors
- Expanded food service including Burritt’s Meat Products of Rockford
- A 1940s era USO-style swing dance 7 pm, Saturday at Veterans Memorial Hall. Dance to the sounds of Moonlight Jazz Orchestra.
This is the largest World War II era re-enactment in the United States with over 1,000 uniformed re-enactors from 40 states representing soldiers from the United States, Great Britain, France, Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Japan, Italy and Germany along with 70 to 80 vintage tanks, halftracks and other 1940s era military vehicles!
More information HERE.
Friday, September 20: 9am – 6pm
Saturday, September 21: 9am – 6pm
The Ropkey Armor Museum
5649 E. 150 North
Crawfordsville, IN 47933
General Admission $5.00 per day, $10.00 per carload.
Current Military personnel FREE with ID.
$20 Unlimited vendor spaces available
Contact Fred and Lani Ropkey for details.
No Gun Dealers Please.
Indiana Military Vehicle Preservation Association “Rustbusters”
Note: This announcement is for informational purposes. Brickmania will NOT be vending or displaying at either event this weekend. Sorry, maybe next year…