NEW RELEASE: M1 Light Tractor: US Navy Seabees Bulldozer
Port facilities, air bases, barracks, transporation networks and other construction projects were urgently needed to support the fighting troops during World War II. Many civilian construction vehicles were drafted into US Government service and sent to work for the war effort.
The M1 Light Tractor was the US military’s designation for the civilian Caterpillar D4 deisel tractor. In this instance it’s fitted with a facsimile of the LaPlante Choate hydraulically operated dozer blade. It is also fitted with a facsimile Hyster D4N towing winch, often used for towing skids of cargo and supplies. This setup is typical of light tractors used in World War II by US Navy Seabees (Construction Battalion units) as well as US Army Engineer units.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
Features of this model:
- Smooth rolling rubber tractor treads
- Dozer blade that can be raised and lowered
- Retractable winch and tow hook
- Custom printed US Navy Seabee figure with BrickArms M1 Steel Pot Helmet and M1 Carbine
- Hitch for trailer
- 1/35 scale matches other Brickmania models
- The over-all color scheme of this model is light gray
This Brickmania model kit is made from genuine unused LEGO bricks and is shipped disassembled. Also included are full-color printed building instructions and is packaged in a sealed box.