RESTOCK: LVT-4 Amtrack with Custom Printed US Marine Minifig
The LVT (Landing Vehicle Tracked) was designed to to fulfill the role of mobile support vehicles for bringing cargo and equipment ashore during the Pacific island hopping campaign envisioned by US strategists for the defeat of Japan. The LVT was essentially a boat while in water, but could also crawl on land using caterpiller tracks like a tank. Early LVTs were not armored, being intended mainly for the tansport of cargo. Experience during combat operations would show that the LVT was ideally suited for carrying combat troops directly to shore, especially where coral reefs prevented boats from from being effective in this task. Design improvements soon followed and fire support variants and armor kits would soon be introduced. The LVT-4 was a decendant of the earlier LVT cargo transports, but had significant improvements, most noteably a ramp at the rear so that troops and cargo could be discharged directly onto the beach (rather than over the sides of the earlier versions) . Many LVT-4s were fitted with armor kits over the crew compartment and were generally fitted with 2-4 machine guns to provide suppressive fire onto the beach. The LVT-4 could carry as many as 30 combat equipped troops, cargo and supplies, an artillery piece, or even a 1/4 ton 4×4 JEEP.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The LVT-4 kit has the following features:
- Fully articulated tractor treads
- Two opening hatches on the crew compartment (two figures can be seated inside)
- Opening ramp at the rear of the hill.
- Cargo area big enough for many figures or a Brickmania “Durabuilder” JEEP
- Has mounting pintles for up to 4x BrickArms M1919 or M2HB machine guns
- Sturdy construction for active play
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 634 genuine new-condition LEGO bricks and BrickArms elements
- Includes custom-printed WW2 US Marine minifig
- Comes with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks and this one includes compatable weapons by BrickArms. This model comes disassembled and includes completed printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and priduction may be discontinued at any time.
To make the fully outfitted LVT-4 shown above, you will need to additionall purchase the following:
- 2 x BrickArms M2HB
- 2 x BrickArms M1919
- 2 x BrickArms Monopods (Brown)
- 4 x Citizen Brick WW2 US Marines