NEW: World War II US Navy Seabees Heavy Tractor Kit
During World War II the US military had a great need for construction equipment and turned to the best manufacturers in the civilian market. The Caterpillar Company provided a wide range of construction equipment for the US Army and Navy needs, with the D-8 being the heaviest tractor available. The D-8 was mainly used by the US Navy construction battalions (Seabees) for such projects as airfield and forward base construction. At least eight examples of the D-8 have been documented on D-Day at Normandy beach, having been used to clear obstructions placed by the Germans to impede Allied attacks. This model is dressed in US Navy haze gray color and equipped with a LeTourneau cable dozer blade. This is a much bigger and beefier tractor to back up the M1 Light Tractor kit we released a short while ago.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The Heavy Tractor kit has the following features:
- Two rows of fully articulated Lego chain link treads
- Working cable winch to raise and lower the dozer blade
- Includes custom pad-printed US Navy Seabee minifigure
- Includes BrickArms M1 Carbine and M1 Steel Pot Helmet
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Includes 329 genuine new-condition LEGO bricks and BrickArms elements
- Comes with a signed and numbered certificate of authenticity
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks and this one includes compatible accessories by BrickArms. This model comes disassembled and includes complete full color printed building instructions, signed certificate of authenticity, and comes packaged in a sealed box.
Are there plans out there on how we can build this ourself?
Not sure right now, but maybe this one can get included in a future book.
Make this again please. Ok, I’ll stop bugging you!