New Release: 75mm M1897 Field Gun with WWI American Soldier
As World War I raged in Europe, the US Army found itself in need of a modern artillery piece should America decide to become involved. The French 75mm Modele 1897 was the best canditiate and is widely considered by historians to be the first modern cannon. It was the first to be fitted with a hydropneumatic recoil mechanism, which meant it could be fired and reloaded without having to reposition the gun. When America entered the war, the US Army adopted the French design for it’s field artillery batteries, and fielded more than 1900 guns by the war’s end. Domestic production began in spring of 1918, but most guns used during the war were French manufactured. The M1897 again saw service in World War II, with many being exported to Great Britain under lend-lease agreements, and others being adapted to anti-tank guns.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
The American 75mm M1897 Field Gun has the following features
- Gun details include seats for two crewmen, raisable lower gun shield and collapsable hand spike
- Includes one custom figure with cloth jacket by MMCB and accessories by BrickArms
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Over-all color is new dark gray
- Includes 59 genuine new-condition LEGO®, BrickArms® and MMCB elements
- Sophomore Skill Level (2-4 years experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.