New Release: LC-130 Hercules (NYAG)
Buy the LC-130 Hercules – NYAG by March 6th and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the LC-130 Hercules – NYAG:
The Lockheed LC-130 is a ski-equipped variant of the United States Air Force C-130 Hercules used in the Arctic and Antarctic. Ten are currently in service with the 109th Airlift Wing of the New York Air National Guard. The LC-130 started as a prototype model developed by modifying a C-130A with skis in 1956. The primary mission of the LC-130 is supporting the scientific community in Antarctica by transporting cargo and personnel from the McMurdo station to field stations and camps, including the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station.
The aircraft is equipped with retractable skis that allow it to land on snow and ice as well as conventional runways. It has provisions for using jet-assisted-takeoff (JATO) rockets, four on each side of the craft, that are used when the LC-130 operates from rough unprepared snow surfaces, or when shorter takeoff runs are needed. There are two current versions of the LC-130 in operation, the LC-130H-2 and LC130H-3.
- First flight: 1956
- Status: Active
- Wingspan: 132 feet, 7 inches
- Engine: Four Allison T56-A-15 turboprops with 1,400 shp per engine
- Cruise speed: 374 mph
- Range: 3,791km with max payload; 8,375km empty
- Maximum takeoff weight: 155,000 lb
- Crew: 5 (Pilot, co-pilot, navigator, flight engineer, loadmaster)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The LC-130 Hercules – NYAG comes with the following features:
- LC-130 “Ski Bird” configuration with arctic landing skis
- Designed by expert aircraft builder Ralph Savelsberg (aka “Mad Physicist” on Flickr, etc.)
- Accurate 1/100 scale model has a wing span measuring nearly 16 inches (40cm)
- Includes premium vinyl sticker sheet for 109th Airlift Wing of the New York Air National Guard
- Has realistic opening rear cargo doors and rotating props
- Includes 596 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (3-5 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.