New Release: IS-3 Pike – Russian Heavy Tank
Buy the IS-3 Pike – Russian Heavy Tank by April 10th and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the IS-3 Pike – Russian Heavy Tank:
There are two tanks known as Object 244 and Object 703, that are known as IS-3. Object 244 was an IS-2 rearmed with the long-barreled 85mm cannon and developed by LKZ, which was never series-produced for service use. Object 703 was developed in late 1944 by ChTZ and left the factory shop in May 1945. This tank had an improved armor layout and a semi-hemispherical cast turret, which became the hallmark of post-war Soviet tanks. The IS-3’s pointed prow earned it the nickname “Pike” by its crews. It weighed slightly less and stood 30 cm lower than previous versions. Wartime production resulted in many mechanical problems and a hull weldline that had a tendency to crack open.
The IS-3 came too late to see action in WWII. The first public demonstration of the IS-3 came on September 7, 1945 during the Allied victory parade on Charlottenburger Straße in Berlin, with heavily reinforced 71st Guards Heavy Tank Regiment of the 2nd Guards Tank Army. Starting in 1960, the IS-3 was slightly modernized as the IS-3M, in a manner similar to the IS-2M.
- Crew: 4
- Weight: 46.5 tons
- Armament: 1 x 122 mm D-25T main gun
- Secondary Armament: 2xDT, DShK
- Engine: 600 hp V-2-IS
- Maximum Road Speed: 25 mph
- Road Range: 115 miles
- Armor: 20-220mm
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The IS-3 Pike – Russian Heavy Tank comes with the following features:
- Distinctive IS-3 peaked hull and frying pan shaping turret
- Functional suspension and free-rolling articulated tracks
- 2 Custom-printed WWII Russian Tanker minifigures
- Removable external fuel tank
- Opening engine compartment with engine details
- Prototype BrickArms DShK hand-made by Will Chapman
- Designed by Daniel Siskind
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 927 genuine new-condition LEGO® bricks and BrickArms® elements
- Intermediate Skill Level (3-5 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.