New Release: Harrier AV-8B – VTOL Jump Jet
Buy the Harrier AV-8B by July 31 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the Harrier AV-8B:
The AV-8B Harrier is a single-engine ground-attack aircraft, introduced in 1985 and used by the United States Marine Corps, the Spanish Navy, and the Italian Navy. The AV-8B has participated in numerous military and humanitarian operations successfully over the years, proving themselves both versatile and capable assets. One of the largest drawbacks to this craft is the cost. In March 1996, the US General Accounting Office stated it would be more prudent to buy the Harrier II Plus aircraft than to remanufacture existing AV-8Bs. This has ultimately led to the planned retirement, which will begin in 2025.
The AV-8B Harrier is equipped with one centerline fuselage and six wing hardpoints, along with two fuselage stations for a 25 mm GAU-12 cannon and ammunition pack. The airframe is a completely redesigned structure from previous aircraft, incorporating many structural and aerodynamic changes for improved visibility.
- Crew: 1
- Units produced: 337
- Powerplant: 1 x Rolls-Royce F402-R-408 (Mk 107) vectored-thrust turbofan, 23,500 lbf
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.9 (673 mph)
- Range: 1,400 mi
- Guns: 1 x General Dynamics GAU-12 Equalizer 25 mm (0.984 in) 5-barreled Rotary cannon mounted under-fuselage in the left pod, with 300 rounds of ammunition in the right pod
- Hardpoints: 6 x under-wing pylon stations holding up to 9,200 lb of payload
- Rockets: 4 x LAU-5003 rocket pods (each with 19 x CRV7 or APKWS 70 mm rockets)
- Air-to-air missiles: 4 x AIM-9 sidewinder or similar-sized infrared-guided missiles; 6 x AIM-120 AMRAAM (on radar equipped AV-8B Plus variants)
- Air-to-surface missiles: 6 x AGM-65 Maverick or 2 x AGM-84 Harpoon, or 2 x AGM-88 HARM
- Bombs: CBU-100 cluster bombs; Mark 80 series of unguided bombs; Paveway series of laser-guided bombs; Joint Direct Attack Munitions (GBU-38, GBU-32, and GBU-54); Mark 77 napalm canisters
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The Harrier AV-8B kit comes with the following features:
- Operational landing gear and flaps
- Rotating thrusters (up to 90 degrees)
- Removable drop tanks
- 4 x Launchers and projectiles
- Sliding canopy
- Working button on undercarriage to deploy main rear landing gear
- Includes custom-printed pilot + vinyl sticker sheet
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Yitzy Kasowitz
- Includes 847 genuine new-condition LEGO® elements & BrickArms elements & Minifig Cat elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.