New Release: M60A1 Main Battle Tank
Buy the M60A1 Main Battle Tank by July 31 and get free shipping on your entire order*
*Within the USA free shipping means delivery by the United States Postal Service using First Class Mail (packages up to 8 ounces) and Priority Mail (packages over 8 ounces). Select Countries: Free Economy Mail delivery (4-8 weeks) is also being offered to Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
About the M60A1 Main Battle Tank:
The M60 is a main battle tank initially introduced in 1960. Though this tank was a direct descendant of the M48 Patton, the M60 series was never officially classified as a Patton tank. Over its lifetime the M60 saw many updates to the interior layout, expanding the vehicles service life over four decades. The M60 remains widely used throughout the world today, even while being superseded by the M1 Abrams in the U.S military.
The M60A1 variant was first produced in 1962 and stayed in production until 1980. It featured a larger, better shaped turret and improvements to the armor protection and shock absorbers. The turret was improved for better ballistic protection, and additional space for the turret crew was made available by mounting the cannon 5 inches forward. Due to developments of new MBTs going up in costs, the M60A1 was forced to serve longer than originally intended, with production lasting over 20 years.
- Crew: 4
- Units built: Over 15,000 (all variants)
- M60A1 Armor: Upper Glacis – 4.29 in at 65°; 8.68 in LoS; Turret Front – equals 10 in
- Main armament: 105 mm M68 gun
- Secondary armament: .50 BMG M85 7.62×51 mm NATO M73 machine gun
- Engine: Continental AVDS-1790-2 V12 air-cooled Twin-turbo diesel engine
- Operational range: 300 mi
- Speed: 30 mph (road)
Additional information about this Brickmania custom building kit:
The M60A1 Main Battle Tank kit comes with the following features:
- Reactive armor printed tiles
- M9 Bulldozer kit
- Engine compartment doors with printed grille
- BrickArms M2HB Barrel
- Custom-printed Desert Storm soldier with six-color “chocolate chip” camouflage uniform and helmet – includes Minifig.Cat accessories
- Mechanical turret function
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models
- Designed by Cody Osell
- Includes 1179 genuine new-condition LEGO® elements & BrickArms elements & Minifig Cat elements
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
All Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks. This model comes disassembled and includes complete printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.