Restock: Amtank LVT(A)-4
About the LVT(A)-4
The LVT was originally designed to carry cargo and equipment to shore during amphibious beach landings during World War II. The US Marines quickly adopted the LVT as an assault vehicle and first used them against a contested beach during the invasion of Tarawa island. The original LVTs were not armored and the heaviest weapons they carried were the Browning .50 caliber M2HB. A more heavily armed assault version of the LVT was called for and the LVT(A) was created. The original LVA(A)-1 used the turret M3 Stuart light tank, but the 37mm gun proved to be ineffective against bunkers and other fortified positions. The LVT(A)-4 was upgraded with the turret from the M8 Scott 75mm GMC, which proved a far more capable weapon for supporting assault troops. The LVT(4) was also equipped with one hull-mounted .30 caliber MG and .50 caliber MG on the turret. This was often augmented with one or more additional .30 caliber guns for the turret crew.
Additional information about this Brickmania custom Lego® kit:
Brickmania’s Amtrak LVT(A)-4 kit has the following features:
- Fully articulated Brickmania Track Links™ tractor treads
- Two opening hatches for the crew compartment (interior is not detailed)
- Fully rotating turret and posable main gun
- Includes 1x M1919 and 1x M2HB machine guns from BrickArms
- Sturdy construction for active play
- 1/35 scale to match other Brickmania models.
- Includes 701 genuine new-condition LEGO bricks and BrickArms elements
- Includes one custom-printed WW2 US Marine minifig
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 years of experience with LEGO is recommended)
Brickmania model kits are made of new-condition LEGO bricks, plus compatible accessories from BrickArms and Brickmania where appropriate. This model comes disassembled and includes completed printed building instructions and comes packaged in a sealed box. This is a limited edition kit and production may be discontinued at any time.